1. All guides have been fully vaccinated. If the entire party is fully vaccinated, the following protocol may be modified by consensus.
2. Facemasks will be required (and supplied) for all participants for the introductory meeting at the trailhead where we review safety and LNT considerations, sign Risk forms, load up gear and assign llamas. Once we maintain spacing of greater than 6 feet, facemasks are optional. Guides will utilize facemasks while preparing food, doing dishes, and anytime medical aid is rendered. We have N-95 masks available, and can honor an advance request for guides to maintain masking for the entire trip except when in their tents, eating or drinking (at a distance of 10 ft or more from guests).
3. All rented gear will be laundered before each trip.
4. Trips will be cancelled if COVID-19 symptoms are expressed (per CDC recommendations) before starting. Trips will be ended ASAP if symptoms appear during the trip, stricken individuals will be kept isolated as much as possible.
5. Soap & water, sanitizing wipes, bleach dip, or hand sanitizer will be provided for all parties to maintain hand cleanliness.
Washing/sanitizing hands will be required before and after the following situations;
— Any handling of the potty bags
— Food preparation
— Any handling of items by more than one person
The CDC offers additional information about protecting yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19.